I wrote Tete in my limited spare time to do exactly what I needed it to do at the time. Since then I've thought of ways to improve and extend the program. Some of these ideas are listed here, in no particular order. Feel free to comment on these, or suggest additional improvements on the sourceforge forums.
I'm hoping to get to work on these ideas very soon, so keep checking back if you're waiting for something on the list - or jump on in, the water's lovely.
- Done V1.2 Add support for Gervill, the OpenJDK implementation of the Java Sound API
- Done V1.2 Add support for using SoundFont2, Downloadable Sounds, and audio files for playback
- Done V1.2 Remove need to download Midi soundbanks from Sun
- Done V1.1 Implement the root note functionality
- Done V1.1 Implement the root note order functionality
- Done V1.1 Save configuration so the program starts in the same state as you last closed it
- Done V1.1 Add more chord and scale types
- Save test results and do some analysis/progress tracking
- Filter chord/interval types generated diatonically based on a scale type
- Add some help to the program
- Create an installation routine
- Automatically get the soundbank if it's not available locally. How do you check this?
- Create some batch files for sparking her up